Walk By The Way

Thursday, May 04, 2006

When Dragons Shed Their Skin

Today was just an ordinary day. Don’t you just love those?

By the grace of God, I only work three days a week, which means that while I’m not a stay-at-home-mom like I’d like to be, I still get to spend more time with my son than a lot of parents. He’s three years old – so sometimes it can be a trying day. Today was not too bad.

Sometimes I think it was a waste to put so much energy and creativity into a being that can’t even write yet. Oh how he could crank out the books if he knew how to string some words together – on paper! I think God gave us children to remind us to look at the world a little differently.

I spent most of my day with a lime green dragon. This transformation occurred sometime during naptime when my son, who wasn’t sleeping, found an old Halloween costume in the back of his closet. Knowing I have to choose my battles, and as it has been raining here all day, I let him wear the dragon suit the rest of the day.

Until bedtime, that is. And let me tell you, when dragons shed their skin it must be a painful process because there was more fussing and whining than you could imagine. Something else I did not expect (okay, I really did expect it) is that dragons shed crocodile tears! But still, they look so sweet when they're curled up asleep…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home