Walk By The Way

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Power of Prayer

God is so gracious with me. I don’t guess I will ever completely understand why he is that way with me.

Today, as I was driving home I experienced a moment of sheer joy. It was the first moment in a long time that I can remember being pure joy. I have some joyous moments – but they weren’t necessarily as clear as this moment.

My van has no air conditioning right now and when I got in it to come home it felt like a hot, muggy rainforest. At least it’s what I would imagine a rainforest to be, having never been to one. Weather conditions looked as though it could storm at any moment and, in fact, stormlike winds were already kicking up, but I was uncomfortable. So I decided to drive home with the windows down.

I love to listen to a Christian group called Selah and they have a song called “Sweet Song of Salvation” (I think that’s the name of it). Very upbeat song and I was trying to listen to it, but it was difficult because there was the added noise of wind as I drove down the interstate. So I turned it up really loud and I was jamming bigtime and praising God – singing loud and crazy. People looked at me strangely. I thought, “What? Gangsta-looking guys can drive around in thumping cars driving everyone nuts and a 30-something Christian woman can get her salvation on while driving down the interstate.” It was a wonderful moment – I felt like a kid again.

When I got to church tonight for prayer meeting, it was every bit as wonderful as I expected. We started out by offering praises for different prayer requests that had been answered. Then we had a time of prayer requests. I asked for everyone to pray about my situation with the arthritis, and Rodney also has some medical concerns that I asked them to pray about. And I asked that they pray about the writing conference. Then Brother James lead a wonderful study – I was fighting back tears because God was really speaking to my heart. I don’t know if I will go into that on the blog or not. Maybe I will sometime – or it may turn up in some other writing I do.

Anyway, when we got to the end of the session, Brother James asked if anyone had a testimony or something they would like to add. I told him I thought of two more praises that I would like to add. One was a praise about Rodney’s response to the writer’s conference (which I’m sure I will blog later) and the other was a praise about my crazy praise moment on the drive home.

Brother James then asked everyone if they would gather around me to pray about the arthritis. I can’t even tell you how that made me feel. I cried. It was just wonderful and overwhelming. I can honestly say that I feel energized, and I’m focusing on my body right now with no noticeable pain at the moment. It’s been that way since they first formed a circle around me – I felt the pain going away before they even started praying. I don’t know what God’s will is for me with the arthritis – so this could just be a reprieve, but I do know that he can heal me if he chooses to. And all day I’ve been reminded to focus on him and not on the arthritis.

Anyway, I feel uplifted to the point now that I can endure some more struggles if that’s what’s in store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home