Walk By The Way

Monday, May 08, 2006

Mish Mash

Well, I took the weekend off from blogging. I was just feeling lazy this weekend when it came to the blog. Maybe I should have stuck with two-a-days. It sure seemed to give me momentum. Here’s the thing I’ve noticed about the blog so far (or the process of blogging rather): I either have things that I think are of significant importance that I think I should blog because I know they’d be interesting, and I talk myself out of it because I’m not sure I’m ready to share with an audience – OR – I have many little things that I really can't develop a theme around so I think they won’t make such an interesting post. Well, I guess I will do a mish mash of the little things to get myself back into blogging this week – and we’ll see if I decide to do two-a-days or not.

Last Monday my father took my grandmother for an appointment to determine if she would be eligible for an Alzheimer’s study. I believe the study is a trial for new medication. The outcome of all her cognizance tests was favorable to the study. Now my understanding is that we are waiting on results from blood tests and other lab work to determine eligibility. We’re all positive about the experience at this point – we feel that it will be good for her.

My mom just started having Saturdays off. She had been working a very weird schedule for a long time and it included Saturdays. I’m actually very happy that she has Saturdays off now because I might actually be able to do some things with her. In fact, we bummed around town Saturday – on no real timeline with no particular agenda. It was nice to spend the time with her. She probably got tired of my talking though – I think I tried to catch her up on everything going on in my life as though she was never going to have Saturday off again. It will take time to get used to this new schedule!

John also started getting sick Saturday. I have to say, the older he gets the more rotten he is when he’s sick. Sunday he had what we like to call a good old fashioned “come apart.” I’m talking kicking, screaming, crying, yelling, beating-the-door, banging-his-head-on-the-wall, I-hate-my-Momma…come apart tantrum. I just sat down and cried. That really is highly out of character for him. If you’re reading this and you spend any time around him at all you probably can’t picture him doing that. Well, I couldn’t either…until yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home