Walk By The Way

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Grounded in Prayer

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I have not been able to attend Wednesday night prayer services at church as consistently as I’d like, or even as consistently as I did at the end of the year. And I feel like my world is spinning a little out of control with everything going on in my life as of late. So I’m very anxious to get back into the prayer meetings.

I think our prayer meeting is by far and away the most exciting thing going on at our church right now. Not that there aren’t exciting things happening in other areas, I just think that’s the most exciting. Prayer meeting is just the place where we really see when, where and how God is working. And a lot of times I feel like it’s the place we begin to recognize his will for us as a church body.

I had been keeping a prayer log or journal of sorts for our group before things got so crazy, and it was wonderful to look it over and see every step that lead to answered prayer. We kept a praise page – so no prayer was ever taken completely off the list. It was a reminder of the amazing things God has done for us, with us, through us. I want to get the prayer log back on track; I just think it’s so important.

It was so uplifting to attend, even when I didn’t have a request of my own to present. So, I’m looking forward to going tonight. I’m so tired that a big part of me would like to stay home, but I just really need to go. I think it will prove to be more energizing than going home. And quite honestly, I need to do the thing that I find so hard to do. I just need to put everything on the table and ask for prayer. Maybe I will post again later tonight about how the prayer meeting went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home